Friday, October 23, 2015

Noted - Mixed Media Layout by Kris Berc

Hello!  It's Kris with you today hoping to inspire you with a simple mixed media layout!

 This is my little girl and two of her cousins.  The three of them really love to pose!

 I dressed up this chipboard piece from the Doilies set using distress embossing ink with gold embossing powder on half of it and pink embossing powder on the other half.  Then I dabbed on some super heavy gesso here and there with my finger.

Here I've used some gold and peach shades of embossing powder to dress up this "noted" chip piece from the Arrow Title Mash set.  I again dabbed on some super heavy gesso with my finger

Here you can get a close look at some of the stencil/super heavy gesso background work using the Checker Board stencil.  I prefer super heavy gesso instead of modeling paste because it seems to dry much whiter, and I love the brightness of that.

I also used some of the square punch-out pieces from a Grid Border.  I adhered them here and there, then traced around them with a black marker, and topped them off with messy dabs of super heavy gesso.  I thought it was a fun way to those negative pieces of chipboard to add some texture.

Thanks so much for visiting today!

UmWowStudio products used:

Arrow Title Mash!

Checker Board Stencil

Doilies

Grid Border
Grid Border (square punch-outs)


other products used:
patterned paper: Blue Fern Studios
flowers: Prima Marketing, misc.
sprays, embossing powder: Lindy's Stamp Gang
mood board inspiration: Scrap Around the World

1 comment: