Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Bee Bag with Jen Matott

Hey crafty friends!  I want to share a fun altered project with you!  I got this cute canvas bag for another project and knew I wanted to use lots of color and hexagons on it!   I love the possibilities of a blank canvas.

 I used UmWowStudio Hexagon Mask sideways to create areas of color using Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gelatos® Colors Brights set.  I also outlines some of them with a Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft PITT® Artist Pen in Black.
 I used Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Texture Luxe™ in Gold to add texture and metallic shine to some UmWowStudio Hexagon Confetti Chipboard.  This stuff is shiny and so pretty on the chip!
Now the pièce de résistance for the bag is the stitched "bee".  I know the stencil is not a bee but I wanted to create one looking like a bee.  So, I traced some of the stencil with pen and left a few details of to create a more bee-like shape. 


A backstitch was used in yellow gold thread. I love how it looks on this bag! 

I hope you enjoyed my project using UmWowStudio chip and stencils!


UmWowStudio products:
http://umwowstudio.com/chipboard/confetti/100052.html
Hexagon Confetti Chip


http://umwowstudio.com/masks/100082.html
Hexagon Stencil

Cicada Mask

Other materials used:
 
Canvas Corp. Canvas bag
text stamp (unknown)
colored craft floss DMC
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Mixed Media Stencil 101 Collection
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gelatos® Colors Brights set
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Texture Luxe™ in Gold
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Chalkboard Paint
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Art GRIP® Color Pencil in white
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper’s Big Brush Pen in black
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft PITT® Artist Pen in Black
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gelatos Tool Set


 

1 comment:

  1. I like this canvas bag. The gold metallic touches are wonderful, and I love the way you made the cicada into a bee!

    ReplyDelete