Thursday, November 13, 2014

A Favorite Quote Mixed Media Canvas

Hello and Happy Thursday!  Tina here today a Mixed Media canvas, using a favorite quote.

Creating mixed media projects shouldn't be difficult or require complicated techniques.  The canvas I would like to share with you today uses basic techniques, yet creates a unique and personalized project.



Texture is the key to mixed media.  Texture can be created by multiple mediums: paint, ink, paste, gels, paper, stamps, stencils and 3D items.  The background of my canvas was created using paste, stencil, ad watercolor paints.

Using the Checkerboard mask,  apply modeling paste to your pre-gesso'd canvas.  Once the paste is dry, randomly apply Shimmerz Inklingz to the canvas.  Let the colors mix and blend creating a beautiful, shimmery background.


Randomly stamp the background for contrast.

Prep your chipboard embellishments with gesso and let dry.

Chipboard used:
Alpha One
Water Faucet
Heart Confetti

Paint with your favorite product.  I used Shimmerz Inklingz and paints.



For more glitz, I added glitter to the inside section of each heart chip.

Finish off the edge of your canvas with washi tape and several strings of twine.



And this is it.  Done just like that.  Not complicated, but unique and personalized.

I hope you enjoyed by quote canvas today!  Thanks for stopping by!




4 comments:

  1. Tina, that is so cute. I love how you used the glitter inside the hearts! It reminds me of those cookies with the jam in the middle! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina! I absolutely adore this canvas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Tina. I really love those confetti pieces.

    ReplyDelete