Saturday, September 20, 2014

Guest Designer Riikka Kovasin

Today we have the fabulous Riikka Kovasin joining us again! We love her mixed media delicious style.




My name is Riikka Kovasin. I'm a mixed media style crafter from Finland. Scrapbooking layouts are my
biggest passion, but I also love to create canvases, cards and recently I've grown an interest on ATCs. Please visit me on my blog or other social media sites!

[You can find me: blog | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest]


Hi there! Riikka here to share a few projects with you! I'm so happy to be invited to guest here at UmWowStudio and play with the fantastic goodies! Thank you DeeDee for this opportunity!


For my first project I created a scrapbooking layout. One evening while we were in the park and kids were playing, I was trying to be cute and said to my husband that I'm silly about him. He then turned the
sentence into a wordplay and the title phrase "I'm herring about you" was born. Maybe you would like to
hear the explanation? The word "silly" is pronounced the same way than the Finnish word for herring, silli.


Strange humor perhaps, but we share the same kind of sense in that. I started the page by applying gesso to the background and then added some mists on top.

 

I then used the UmWowStudio stencil to create a subtle pattern with PanPastels. I used the same stencil to create the 3 D effect here and there and finished the bubbling feeling with different circle chippies. You can see the process from the video I made!




Supplies from Um Wow Studio:
Circle Confetti mask, Button MASH, Circle Confetti, Layered Arrows, Make A Wish flair set



I also made a few tags for this post. I love how real looking the plant chippies from UmWowStudio are.
I colored the chippies first with different embossing powders sprinkling them there where they were
needed. Then I added other media like PITT pens, alcohol markers, pencil and Archival Inks on top to get
the grungy feeling. There's also more than one coat of embossing powders in the pieces in order to achieve the natural look.


All the tags are assembled the same way, only the colors change in each one. For the daisy I used yellow
and made the ribbon into a bow to give it a slightly feminine look and also to balance the composition. The bluebelle on the other hand has quite naturally blue color scheme and the thistle purple. For those I used smaller amount of ribbon and a black thread to get stronger look. The papers used in the tags are from the 7 Dots Studio's "Nature Walk" collection, designed by DeeDee!

Supplies from UmWowStudio:




Circle Confetti mask
Button MASH
 
Thank you for joining me here today! I wish I have inspired you! If you have any questions, please just leave a comment or mail me! Wishing you all a lovely day!

5 comments:

  1. The tags are beautiful and such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the layers in your layout. Thank you for sharing the video tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely color in all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work! Love your page and your pretty tags are smashing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing tags!!! And great video! You are awesome Riikka <3

    ReplyDelete