Wednesday, July 2, 2014

July Challenge Inspiration with Jen

Hi everyone!  Jen here to share my take on this month's sketch challenge as my first post as DT member!  This is a perfect sketch for just about any type of paper project!  I followed the sketch pretty closely but did change it a bit.  I used two photos instead of one big one.  I also didn't use too much patterned paper with this.

 Because it's July and we are celebrating the good 'ole US of A's Independence, I created a layout about last year's 4th of July tradition.  We take the kids and head to the ballpark for an evening of local baseball and fireworks!  What's more American than baseball, hot dogs, cotton candy and fireworks?  We have a blast and the fireworks are pretty amazing!
 I used some UmWow Studio's star confetti on the page for some dimensional WOW!  Mix in some stamping and you get multiple layers of shapes that are perfect for this theme.
 Did I mention how much I am in love with this Vintage Flag flair?  The size is larger than most and it's super dramatic and fun to embellish with these babies!

 Instead of a paper rectangle behind the photos, I wanted to create texture and colors that make a statement.  I used Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Textural Accents Whipped Spackle through one of the gorgeous UmWow Studio's stencils. 
 You can see that I had the Whipped Spackle go over the edges to frame it in!  This was the first step.  I added multiple colors of Gelatos® and watered them down to create a "resist" effect. 
 I can't wait to see what you all create to go along with our challenge!  Link your projects up in the previous post and there will be a winner selected with a prize! 

UmWow Studio supplies::

Vintage Flag Flair
Star Confetti
Line of Chevrons Mask

Other supplies:
American Crafts Cardstock
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Textural Accents Whipped Spackle
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper's Big Brush Pens in Black 199, Cobalt Blue 143, Scarlet Red
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gelatos® colors in Red Cherry, Bosenberry, Blueberry, and Blueberry Metallic
Patterned Papers: 7 Gypsies
Stamps: Stampin' Up and Studio G
Metal Tab: Studio Calico
metal number

3 comments:

  1. Love all the layers and how you used the sketch.Great job on your first post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your July 4th family tradition and how you captured it on this page. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete