Monday, June 23, 2014

This Happened with Manda

Hi everyone, Manda here and today is my last day to post for Um Wow as part of the Design Team. I have loved being part of a team with so many talented ladies and working with some wonderful products, I will definitely be sad to go but cannot wait to see what the new team makes to inspire us with.

For my last project I decided to get messy with some mixed media. Starting with a plain piece of aqua cardstock I first added a thin layer of gesso and then used two 12x12 stencils (both heidi swap) a sunburst which I misted with Citron Color Shine and a hexagon with I used a blue Mister Huey mist.
After that I took a small Heidi Swapp stencil and used Tim Holtz distress ink to make bold triangles. I also added some random stamping with a Glitz roller stamp. To finish the background off I took my gelatos and added colour around the edge. 
Once my background was done I used the Hexagon Background chip and layered my papers and photos on top. When I placed the chipboard I didn't think about the balance of the page so I then had a gap on the right hand side. To fill in that space I took one of the Avery Elle stamps we recently worked with and stamped in Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I used the Arrow Title Mash chip for my title, this is one of my favourite sets I use all the time. To finish off I used a flair from the Oh Places You'll Go set.

So that is it from me today, thank you so much for stopping by and a HUGE thank you to Dee Dee for having me as part of this amazing team.

Manda xxx

Um Wow Studio Materials
Hexagon Background Chip
Arrow Title Mash Chip
Oh Places You'll Go Flair.

Other Materials
- Stamps: Avery Elle Stamps To The Point, Glitz Roller Stamp
- Paper: Studio Calico, Amy Tangerine
- Embellishments: Amy Tangerine, Basic Grey
- Other: washi tape, gesso, Heidi Swapp Colour Shine, Studio Calico Mister Huey's, Heidi Swapp stencils, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Faber Castell Gelatos.

No comments:

Post a Comment