Monday, April 21, 2014

I'm Flying! I'm Flying!

Hello!

When my husband and I go on holidays, we have this tradition of taking photos of each other jumping as high as we can at random places along our travels. Well I have this photo of me in Iceland, jumping on an old lava field, catching some serious air! The whole photo is comical to me as I look ridiculous and my little daughter is off to the side staring at me like, "what in the world is she doing?"

I used the Comic Book Speech Bubbles because I felt it would go so well with the energy and the silliness of the photo!



And of course I love to use me some shimmer and shine on my UmWowStudio chipboards! I first covered the chippies with gesso then painted over them with metallic acrylic paint. I then added glitter to the area around the words.



The Chevron Mask and Diamond Confetti Mask were used all over the background for all the fun interest and movement they added.


Hope you got at least a little laugh out of this one! Have a great day!

Supplies:
UWS Comic Book Speech Bubbles
UWS Chevron Mask
UWS Diamond Confetti Mask

Tattered Angels Spray
Lumiere Acrylic Paint
Daler &Rowney Liquid Acrylic
Distress Stain
Two Berry Creative washi tape

15 comments:

  1. Fantastically bold blue on this layout!! And I love the doodling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an awesome and very funny layout! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the I love the comic book word! Soooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I love the background texture, just amazing, the color are so bright!!!! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way the blue is splayed up across the paper. Makes it look like an explosion has happened. The wood pieces fit in great with the whole concept. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun idea and what a cute layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulously funny vibrant page! Great adaptation of the comic book words too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really amazing. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blue on here is stunning but my all time favorite part of this page are those comic book chippies!!! Oh my - LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the background & all the glitter details. Really fun LO!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful background!!! Love the depth of color!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty and fun
    page. Lovely colors.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  13. The stenciling and glitter take it to another level. NICE

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa!! All that color and bling with the chipboard letters!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great colors and love the comic words!

    ReplyDelete