Monday, December 16, 2013

Art Completes You

Hello, it's Amy here today to share a layout I created using a photo of my daughter, who is at this time, very hopefully waiting for an acceptance letter from an art school she is really wanting to attend. For my Haley, art is everything. It heals her, it's the air she breathes, and as my layout's title says, it completes her. 

 For this layout, I used LOTS of the gear mash, because frankly, I am just insanely in love with these gears. I mean......they layer like magic, and I. Love. Layers.
I have also used the circle confetti mask, to help me make those doodled circles....it's the best guide for a girl who cannot doodle to save her life (and make it look presentable), as well as the layered circles chip, and the star confetti. 
Thanks so much for popping by today and having a look. Hopefully art completes YOU, and you are inspired to start layering....gears, stars, circles...the options are endless! 

Supplies Used: 
UmWowStudio: Star Confetti, , layered circles, gear mash, circle confetti mask
Paper: 7 Dots Studio, Graphic 45, Studio Calico
Stamps: Viva Las VegaStamps! (Italian Sonnet Background, Area 51 Warning, Compass by Brian Kesinger).
Washi Tape: Gauche Alchemy, Tim Holtz Idea-ology, Paper Issues, Smash
Metal: Prima, Bead Landing
Flowers: Prima 
Inks: Ranger (archival ink in coffee), Tsukineko (momento, tuxedo black), Clearsnap (mix'd media inx, denim).

 

4 comments:

  1. Amy, this is BEAUTIFUL! I especially love what you did with the photo on the left side. Your daughter is gorgeous and ridiculously talented. I wonder where she gets those traits from. ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo woman! This is awesome! Hope she gets in!

    ReplyDelete