Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Will Travel For Love


I've been stuck on the "Travel" theme over at Simon Says Stamp and Show since I saw it late Sunday night ---- but I knew that I wanted to use this amazing stamp from Viva Las Vegastamps! so I dug through some previously untouched papers and came across this awesome BasicGrey 6x6 pad called Granola. I ripped out my favorite piece and got to embossing my stamp.


Then I adorned the wheels with small watch gears and pulled out some grungeboard. After crackling with Espresso and Snowcap dabbers and inking with barn door and black soot distress ink I got to assembling. A little creative "coffee ring" placement and some doodling finished off this tag -- I LOVE IT.

Now I notice that that L is a little crooked --- too late now, thanks to the diamond glaze ;) -DeeDee

8 comments:

  1. Really cool tag! Love the black on the creamish background. The stamped image of the steampunkish contraption is really neat. The small gears for wheels...genius! Love the "coffee rings" and the winged heart, too. The red on the heart is wonderful on the tag! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous stamp! They do have some unusual stamps at Viva Las VegasStamps! Awesome tag!Love all your doodads and details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this tag DeeDee! The color theme and stamped images are awesome! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this tag! Your stamping is amazing! Thanks so much for voting for my LO at Sketchy Thursdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love everything about this tag, fab stamp and love the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the monochromatic look with that POP of red in the heart. Awesome job! Thanks for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    Ellen :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful tag, DeeDee! I love the color palette you worked with and that steampunk style stamp is fab - so cool the way you even have steam coming out of the stack!

    You really gave me a chuckle with the comments you left on my sneak peek post yesterday. You really dug down into the details of my photo. Hope the finished product doesn't disappoint!

    Always a pleasure to have you joining in the fun with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

    ReplyDelete