Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Viva Las Vegastamps! Dt Call



Jennifer Bliss shared that Viva Las Vegastamps is having a design team call, so I thought I'd throw my name into the pot! You can find all the info on their blog.

The two projects I'd like to showcase are...


A card made based off one of my weekly sketches for SketchMania. The stamp is a gorgeous collage piece from Inkadinkadoo which I stamped on a piece of old music sheet. I used tons of distress ink and powder as well as a piece of recycled corrugated cardboard packaging. The papers are KaiserCraft, which I also used to make the flower. That's a JilliBean kraft card base, TH film strip, a pearl bead and zebra wire. The pin is made with more pearl beads, a brown bead and a head pin. Tons of handmade embellishments, vintage and a perfect interpretation of my style!


and a tag made in honor of Tim Holtz's 12 days of tags. (funny they're both christmas!) I started with a manilla tag, inked it with a script stamp using StazOn ink, and distressed the edges with ink and powder by ranger/TH. The lantern (distress ink and powder) and the mistletoe both come from a set of Inkadinkadoo stamps, and the mistletoe has been colored in using stamp pads and diamond glazed for a shiny gem like effect. The large 25 are numbers from an alpha set by Art Blanche, and they've been embossed with distressing powder. I tied a piece of vintage ribbon around the edge and knotted some raffia at the top! LOTS of stamping and stamping techniques in this little ol' tag!

good luck to everyone who's entering!

2 comments: